If unable to work – How am I paid while I am out of work?

How do I get paid for not working?

Paid for not working: The first seven days of the calendar are; “waiting times” and no compensation is paid to workers”. If you do not work for more than seven calendar days due to your injury; the Employees Compensation Office will pay you a weekly payment directly you. This weekly amount is equal to 2/3 of your normal weekly salary up to the annual benefit of working on the day of injury ($ 920 per week in 2015). No tax or deductions are deducted from this weekly check; so you must continue to make any voluntary withdrawals (e.g., your regular medical or dental bills) directly from Accounting Services so that your participation in these programs can continue. Contact HRIC at 684-5600 for any questions you may have about Duke’s benefit plans. So you are unable to work for more than 21 calendar days, the seven-day waiting period becomes compensated.

If you select a direct deposit of your pay (paid for not working) regularly; your weekly employee compensation check will be credited directly to the same account. So you choose to receive a “live” check; a live check will be sent to your home address each week depending on the SAP / R3 address.

Please refer to the Benefits Checklist for details on how the absence of employee compensation may affect your benefits.

  • I am usually paid twice or monthly; Why is this paid weekly?
  • The law requires that this payment be made weekly.

Read More: Excellent Tips and Tricks to Help Build Your Brand Awareness

When should I get the first payment?

paid for not working: Payments are sent; (or deposit if you sign up to deposit money directly into your regular payment) every Friday. After you have been absent from work for the waiting period; (e.g. seven calendar days), you should expect your first check to be sent; (or submitted) the following week. You must inform the Workers’ Compensation Office that you are no longer working so that the wage process can begin as soon as possible.

Can I use the benefit time during the wait?

Yes, you can use the accrued vacation, sick; or PTO vacation period during the first seven days of the missed work calendar. If you are unable to work for more than 21 calendar days; The waiting period is canceled and you are eligible to receive employee compensation from the first day of work missed at that time you will be allowed to be reimbursed; for workers’ compensation or to be reimbursed for the hourly compensation of employees in your holiday, sick, or PTO bank. The Employees Compensation Office will contact you to confirm your choice and process the transaction.

Paid for not working: Also, if you qualify for a higher weekly employee compensation rate ($ 920 per week in 2015); you can increase your employees’ compensation benefit using the accrued vacation time, sick leave, or PTO at your bank. You can use enough profit time to replace the 2/3 difference between; your weekly wage before the injury and the wage that qualifies for the maximum workers’ compensation rate ($ 1,380 per week in 2015). For example if you normally have a total weekly wage of $ 1,600, you can deduct $ 146.67; per week from your current benefit period (2/3 of the difference between $ 1,600 and $ 1,380); in addition to your $ 920 per week employee benefit. You should talk to your manager about adding to your benefit time. The Employees Compensation Office is available to assist you with this transaction as required.

How to calculate “my regular weekly payment”?

Typically, the average weekly wage is calculated by dividing your total income for the past year by 52 weeks. Several additional tests work, however, to ensure that this standard number is correct. For example, if you have not received a seven-day paycheck during this period; or have not worked for the Duke for at least 52 weeks a different method is used to calculate your weekly salary to consider these items; If you have any questions about how your salary is calculated; please contact your claims specialist who will be happy to answer your questions and provide you with a specific amount used.

Who decides if I’m ready for treatment and return to work?

Your GP doctor at the Employee Occupational Health and Wellness (EOHW); office is responsible for providing your medication and keeping you informed about how soon you will be able to return medically; with any limitations and specific time limits. EOHW will provide you with a Health Recommendation (HRF) form after each trip to write down their medical opinion. You are encouraged to keep in touch with your supervisor regarding; your medical advances so that you can both plan your return.

Read Now: Learn how to manage Time Off Work Due to Injury or any incident

Will my job be held until I return?

The FMLA works with the first day of work lost due to workplace injuries. If you meet the requirements of the FMLA, your work should be held for at least twelve weeks. For more information on the FMLA, please see the Leave of Absences website. There are times when the business operation of a unit requires the position to be filled temporarily. If this happens, you will have the first condition when you are released to return to Duke. (See the next “Return to Work” section for more details.) It is recommended that you maintain a continuous line of direct contact with your supervisor so that you both plan accordingly.

What about my career benefits?

Please refer to the Benefits Checklist for details on how the absence of employee compensation may affect your benefits. Typically, employees are laid off and most of your employee benefits are retained. Because no deductions have been deducted from your employees’ compensation rate, you will need to establish a process to ensure that your share of any premiums or deductions continues. Contact Benefits on 684-5600 for any specific questions you may have about your benefits.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.